Wednesday 18 February 2009

OBAMA!












For many of us (appx 25,000), the race began on or about February 28, 2007 on the banks of the Colorado River/Town Lake of Austin, Texas. Chris, Valerie and I stood in a light rain for part of the three hour wait to see the Obama we were hearing so much about. It was worth every minute of the wait; Obama does not disappoint. It was very early in his campaign and the largest audience he had spoken to. We didn't have a camera but Chris took pics with his phone. We saw Obama again in Austin sometime in 2008. My decision was made.


The Patriarca/Kirk family was well represented at the Inauguration by Valerie and David Kirk, and by Christopher & Brice Patriarca. Those are the ones I know of. Many people like me joined them by watching the TV from beginning to end. That was a wonderful, historic day and I am grateful that some of our family members were there to see it live and in person.


Now one thing that baffled me was when I saw that Paige was also there. I told Chris that I didn't know Paige was going and he said no, he didn't either, but I showed him the picture. Later, he talked to Paige and we learned that she had asked to be pasted in since she couldn't be there in person. Well done Christopher!


This was a campaign, election and inauguration that I believe we will all remember for the rest of our lives. More pictures are posted at http://picasaweb.google.com/donniedayp


Well done family!


Cheers!


Donnie

2 comments:

Starling said...

I was watching from the Blacksburg independent theater with a couple of folks from my department. It was really strange (but heartening) to watch everyone in the audience react just as if they were in DC - cheering, giving standing ovations, etc.

Hope you're doing well :)

Donnie Day Patriarca (ddayp on Twitter) said...

Good to hear from you! Yes, it was the same in my audience of mostly one, but my steward was there so he occasionally joined. Take care!